SUMMARY STATEMENT OF FAITH We are a local congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), and a full statement of our doctrine can be found here
(1) We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. Though the Bible has numerous human authors that bring a variety of writing styles between books of the Bible, all those human authors wrote under the influence of the Holy Spirit who ensured that all Scripture was God-breathed. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
(2) We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
(3) We believe that God created everything in the span of a literal week with 24-hour days, and He did so by speaking it into existence out of nothing. We believe in a literal, historical Adam and Eve who were created by God in a special act of creation as male and female--and both very good. God's design in creation is not arbitrary, and mankind will only thrive when it functions according to God's good design.
(4) We believe that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, rightly deserving God's wrath, and are without hope apart from the sovereign mercy and grace of God. Mankind sins in his rejection of the Word of God; we sin by both doing what we should not do, and by failing to do what we should.
(5) We believe that salvation is by God's sovereign grace alone, by faith alone, and in Christ alone. Nothing in man, including foreseen faith, serves as the basis of our salvation. God saves those He sovereignly chooses according to His supremely good and gracious purposes.
(6) We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and was born of the virgin Mary; Jesus is fully God and fully man. Through His perfect life and substitutionary death, Christ both removes our record of sin and grants to us His record of righteousness. This gift of righteousness is the sole basis of our adoption into the family of God.
(7) We believe that God has not merely saved individuals, but He has saved a people. Christ died for His bride the Church, and His saving power is most clearly seen and experienced in this family of faith. Every professing Christian should join themselves to a local church in order to participate in the new life that has been granted to us in Christ.
(8) We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and, according to the promise of the New Covenant, produces and empowers new desires and abilities to live lives that are both pleasing to God and good for mankind.
(9) We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself. Only those who trust in Jesus Christ will be saved, and those who have not believed in Christ will be condemned forever.
(10) We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Northside Presbyterian Church was formed January 3, 1983. We are a local congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America. For a fuller explanation of what we believe, please read here.